Kingdom Hearts Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Hearts Age

Throughout the darkness there lies a faint trace of light. Come, choose your side, whether it be darkness or the light, fight for what you think is right. Here, your age begins.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
User Control Panel
Leniency Configure Your Profile
Information
Preference
Signature
Leniency Kwalletmanager Social
Member List
Groups
Leniency Newmsg Private messages
Compose PM
Inbox
Contact Roxas
Contact Luxord
Leniency KthememgrTopics Being Watched
Latest topics
» Rhian's Weapon and Armory
Leniency Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:49 am by MrsGrizzley

» The Site has Moved!
Leniency Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:49 am by MrsGrizzley

» Oren
Leniency Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 pm by MrsGrizzley

» Oren's home world
Leniency Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:26 pm by Radney1

» Magic Guilds
Leniency Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm by Sora

» WE MUST GET MORE USERS!
Leniency Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:06 pm by Sora

» A Princess Exploring (Open)
Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:43 pm by Roxas

Affiliates
free forum

Leniency

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wizer

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Quote :
Less than 25 posts: 1 Spell or Skill
More than 25 posts: 2 Spells or Skills
More than 50 posts: 3 Spells or Skills
More than 100 posts: 4 Spells or Skills
More than 250 posts: 5 Spells or Skills
More than 350 posts: 6 Spells or Skills
More than 650 posts: 7 Spells or Skills
More than 850 posts: 8 Spells or Skills
More than 1250 posts: 9 Spells or Skills
More than 1650 posts: 10 Spells or Skills
More than 2500 posts: 11 Spells or Skills
More than 3250 posts: 12 Spells or Skills
More than 4000 posts: 13 Spells or Skills
More than 5000 posts: 14 Spells or Skills
More than 7000 posts: 15 Spells or Skills

You have to have a mad post count to really have a good set of skills and spells. I was wondering, in the least, could it be: "Spell and/or Skill"? It's not easy getting a post count here so I was wondering if these rules could be toned down with that one suggestion? It also makes things even.
Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:40 pm

*sigh* this is a good suggestion, one that has been made in other places, but I highly doubt that anything is going to be done. I would *like* to see something be done. It's not something I can do myself, though.

*deep breath* Anyway, this is a wonderful idea. The skill progression *and* the MP progression are heavily weighted on the side of keeping players too weak to pose a threat *or* to really have fun. *sigh*

As a side note, developing a good set of ability progressions is a very delicate maneuver, one that can far too easily be skewed either way. Too fast and players get too powerful too quickly to really enjoy anything. Too slow and it takes to darn long to be able to do anything, and you lose players far too quickly to maintain any sort of story. Or you get a small cadre of powerful players who pretty much run everything else into the ground. *sigh*

This is an issue that needs to be discussed, and it needs to be discussed seriously.

Mrs. Grizzley
Back to top Go down
http://www.maracaegrizzley.com
Wizer

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Two excellent points.

But, even though we may have a low amount of spells and skills, there's not much stopping you from making one super spell or ability. Just because you have one or two doesn't mean they can't be all powerful. I think having more skills and spells and having a small amount of skills and spells really don't determine just how overpowered a character can become. Anyone can grow monstrously strong with just a 100 posts.

I think it's all about trust and judgement in the end. It's up to the moderators to make sure that there aren't any super powered beings. As long as they manage everything, I think more spells and skills will be more fun. I've noticed that all the moderators have always stressed the weakness in most abilities. If that persists, then I don't think many on this site will ever become overpowered.

I personally just don't like how long it takes, then we only get one. Isn't two a bit more reasonable, especially when its a difference of more than two hundred posts on a site that gets around 10 posts a day.

Like looking at your post count, Mrs. Grizzley, you need a additional 100+ posts just to get one new spell or skill. It would be more exciting with two, I think, or if you gained more than just one at certain levels. Like 5000 posts could equate to 17 spells or skills.
Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Unfortunately, even if there isn't a limit on creating a super skill or spell, there is a crippling limit on the magic points, and no way to regen mp in the middle of a battle. That's why the two *have* to be developed together.

*sigh* And my post count is rather odd anyway because I am still the most active RP poster even though I haven't been active of late due to real life issues.

*chuckle* My character is even more skewed if you look at the fact that I don't have all my possible abilities developed. I have 4 possible spells or skills, and I'm only using two of them. *grin* *shrug* I've got one in development, but I don't know if it's going to work out or not.

And yes, some of the fear of super-powerful characters can be mitigated by good moderation and approval processes, but there isn't any sort of guiding outline of what sort of power is possible for what sort of MP expenditure. It makes the whole thing sort of murky. That murkiness can mean that the least ego issue or personality problem with moderators can snowball into a real issue for playability.

The thing is, we have a legitimate issue here in the matter of progression, and I would really like to hear what the other players have to say on the matter. Is this issue sufficiently important for us to ask the Admins for permission to propose revisions?
Back to top Go down
Wizer

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:42 pm

You think there should be some sort of guidelines on what sort of abilities use how much MP? I think that is agreeable. There could be some sort of guidelines on how much magic should be spent on so and so techniques, but I think that's mostly what the moderators are for. You guys ensure that characters are using one MP for something that should use ten.

And that is so lucky! I wish I had four skills! I still wanted to have a Alchemy skill, Magnet skill, and a Reflect skill. Gah! I have a long way to go with this rate of development.

I say that there should be some revision as well. Enigma has that sort of power now. Maybe he could do it if he agrees with us or if enough people agree with us. I really think a And/Or would be better. It's only one extra skill per every uppage.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Enigma

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Well I've been looking at the rules and formats since the day that Morph, Roxas and I started the site and I do agree that some have rather harsh technicallities but not without reason. As I do appreciate your concerns, I'm afraid that this is something that I have to carefully review. So as for now please abide by the rules and be patient as I will admit that this is my first time being left in charge of a website as an Admin.

However, if the need arises feel free to make other suggestions and I will try my best to please the users as this is a site for you.
Back to top Go down
Wizer

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Alright, that's fair.
So we just need to wait then?

So Enigma, if many more agreed that this should happen would it affect your decision or will you decide this regardless?
Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:17 pm

I appreciate your position, Enigma, seriously.

This is something I've actually had to do for another site. I didn't list it when I PMed you about becoming a moderator because it's a site I helped build from the ground up, but I've worked on balancing issues for these sort of things.

I agree though, that this is not something to be done precipitously. This requires careful thought and consideration. And yes, until a formal decision is made and duly considered, all current rules and guidelines will be followed.

Right now, though, I'm looking at input and suggestions, nothing more than that. No decisions will be made in haste.

Mrs. Grizzley
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:45 pm

this kinda goes along with the mp count as well

<_<

i mean its way to weighted as well.

and cannon characters really cant be held like that. i understand why and everything but say you just started and as a cannon you have firaga or something like that that costs 30 mp.

well would it be fair to make that characterbe able to only use one spell in a battle?

im not saying change it, but i would like to see it kinda lightened up <_<
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Enigma

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Well I'm carefully looking over it and will discuss it with the Mods if the other admins won't get back to me soon. I mean Roxas has literally gone M.I.A., and morph well who knows. SO I'm heavily considering it at this point.
Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:20 pm

I spoke to Morph elsewhere. I don't know if he's going to be getting into contact with you or not. If you decide to undertake the decision yourself, I'm willing to give as much assistance as I am able. I've had to do this once already.

The key is to be balanced with it all.

Mrs. Grizzley
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Enigma

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 pm

well you can PM me suggestions at this point
since im leaning towards this already
Back to top Go down
MorpheusZero
The Gambler Of Fate
The Gambler Of Fate
MorpheusZero

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:16 am

I'm not telling you guys what to do, because ultimately it's not up to me and I'm not going to interfere; however, I will say WHY I set this up the way I did.

Kingdom Hearts is not a game based off of magic. Sure you have spells to use in the game yet they are limited. It is more of a combat based game. So I set it up to where you have to actually work and fight to get stronger, not just use spells and magic all the time because you don't do that in game. And to keep the realism of what the game is based upon, that's why I done it. Sure we can't mimick everything to a T and we have to be creative--but you shouldn't rely on magic too much or you'll end up dead when you fight against someone who's stronger than you physically.
Back to top Go down
http://morpheuszero.ideaboard.net/
Wizer

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 am

I don't know about that. I beat a lot of bosses with Wisdom Drive and standing back while I blasted my opponents from afar. I also used limits, summonings and when in Drive modes magic has a higher destruction output, especially lightning spells in Master form, than hitting. Then everyone isn't a Keyblade user. Some characters are classed as characters that are similar to Donald or even more so, like my character, a Summoner. Summoners have poor attack and magicians have poor attack, but they can win a batle with magic alone. Magic isn't simply Thunder, Fire, and Blizzard either. Magnet, Reflect, Aero, and Cure are all pretty important and some are almost necessary in some fights. Look at Riku and Sephiroth in a fight. They use magic like crazy. You can't say Ansem and Xenmas didn't rely on magic to fight and it made them incredibly strong. Maleficent, Jafar, Ursula, and all the Heartless bosses all relied heavily on magic. Saying magic isn't important in KH or that you can get by on physical strength alone sounds unlikely to me. Almost all the bad guys and a cluster of good guys rely on magic to fight in the KH world.

I think that opinion is based on Sora's character. Sure, if you have a Keyblade then maybe you don't need to rely on magic so much, but what if you don't?

Just thought I should say that even though I'm not very active.
Back to top Go down
MorpheusZero
The Gambler Of Fate
The Gambler Of Fate
MorpheusZero

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Even so--when you fight those characters they too do not use magic continuously. Overuse of magic shows weakness and lack of creativity. And I did not even imply that magic is not important in KH, maybe before you reply to something you should take time to decipher and better understand one's words first. Point is--Summonings, Limits, Drives, etc have NOTHING to do with magic on this forum. So all that bullshit you said in that paragraph that I didn't even feel like reading is irrelevant because those things do not coincide with spells and such on the site.
Back to top Go down
http://morpheuszero.ideaboard.net/
Sponsored content

Leniency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leniency   Leniency Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leniency
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Hearts Age  :: Off Topic :: Le Suggestions-
Jump to: